filming, editing and motion graphics
Bespoke video production
Our philosophy is simple. We provide a video production service that aims to capture your target audience, whilst keeping within your budget. We offer a variety of bespoke video production services to suit all needs. From on-location filming with individual camera crews, editing and motion graphic services to full end to end video solutions. For businesses, video production has emerged as a powerful and cost effective marketing tool that can drive new customers and help to retain existing ones. We produce many different types of videos, including web videos, corporate videos, animated videos, event videos, promotional videos, training videos, conference videos, webcasts, and product launch videos.
Discussing your requirements, finding locations, working out the budget – making sure your entire production runs smoothly.
Filming on location or at your place of business (managing camera, audio and lighting hire). Liaising with actors, production team and staff.
Footage is finally logged, edited and colour graded. Additional music and voice overs added. VFX & Graphics can be added.
Final compression and delivery onto web (server side video hosting or video portals), DVD/Blue-ray or computer (Laptop, iPad, Smartphone).
Using the latest HD digital cameras and video editing software, you can be assured that you will receive a high quality, professional video, at a very competitive price. With our full video solutions you get our creative input and technical expertise which ensures a video that is effective, keeps people watching and carries a message. With us, you are hiring a creative package that can really engage an audience fully and make a great first impression. We appreciate that video production is a specialist service which can be confusing so we will direct you through all of your possible options during the production and explain what is involved at each stage of the process. We are happy to provide comprehensive quotes and detailed budget breakdowns for any level of filming. Please see our video package prices for more information.
What is the video production process?
The entire video production process is very complex however here is a rough overview of what is involved when producing your video:
Initial Communications and Budgeting
Once you have emailed us or we have spoken to you on the phone, we move onto planning your video. A plan is essential to establish your goals – What do you want to achieve? How are you going to achieve it? Who is your target audience? What is your budget? – What do you want to achieve with your video? Once this is out of the way, we can then plan and confirm your budget and then the schedule. Most projects will require the coordination of a few people and equipment, which all needs to be scheduled. The best results are often achieved when you start the production process early, giving plenty of time for careful planning.
If you require a large production or live event, we like to have a quick site visit. Visiting the site will allow us to overcome any logistical problems before the day of the shoot such as access routes, space limitations, lighting and if we need a filming permit (if it’s a public place).
While some videos will be unscripted (customer testimonials, live event filming etc), we also provide scripting services for larger productions (interviews, corporate videos). Here you need to decide on a few questions like:
• What exactly do we want them to say?
• What emotion should they convey?
• What corporate message do you want to highlight?
Without a good plan, you have no direction when the camera finally rolls. It is much easier to command a response from someone and make them feel more relaxed when you have even just a rough script.
This is when everything comes together and we do our best to get some cracking footage. Planning allows us to make sure that the shoot runs smoothly and means we can concentrate on the technical side.
Once filming has finished, footage is logged and transcoded. After it has been imported, we then search through picking the best shots. There is typically a lot of footage that doesn’t get used and sorting through that and picking the best shots takes time. Editing is subjective and extremely important part of the production process. Poor editing can leave the viewer confused, whereas good editing creates interest, tension and builds up excitement, making it essential in holding the audience’s interest and communicating your message. Once the edit has been assembled, we move onto editing sound – syncing audio files and checking the levels. Finally we make a few finishing touches by colour grading footage and bringing it to life.
We have a comprehensive database of royalty free music for you to choose from and websites to browse based on genre, mood and style. You can choose your own music, or just leave it to us and we’ll select a piece which works really well to connect with your audience.
Most of our productions at least include an intro title animation (using your logo or artwork) and outro animation (including contact details and a distinct call to action). However some videos require additional motion graphic animation within the video to enforce user engagement, such as themed bullet points, product titles and company tags. If you decide you want additional graphics afterwards then that no problem, just make sure you reserve time in your deadline for approvals, revisions etc
We have a wide selection of voice over artists to choose from in a range of accents and nationalities. We can search our database based on your requirements (gender, age and regional accent) or we can select the voice over artist on your behalf, using our knowledge and experience to ensure you have a voice over artist that is well-matched to communicate your message to your target audience.
The Rough Cut
When we have finished making the final touches on your video, we will send you an initial rough cut for you to preview and give us feedback. This is the perfect stage to let us know about anything you want changed or anything you love and want more of. Usually we include 1 or 2 sets of revisions in all of our productions.
The Final Cut
Once the changes and amendments from the rough cut have been actioned finished, your video will be completed and you will be presented with the final cut of your video. We can supply your video in a whole range of different formats, from DVD and Blu-ray to delivery on the web (Vimeo, Youtube or client hosting) or digital device (smartphone, or tablet).
What is video editing?
Ok let’s get the boring bit out of the way! On a basic level, video editing is the process of rearranging or modifying segments of video to form part of an entire sequence. Nowadays, modern non-linear editing systems use video which is digitally captured onto a hard drive from an analogue or digital video source. Nevertheless, despite the end of “linear” editing and introduction of these “non linear” editing systems, video editing still works with the same basic principles of motion picture film editing. The goals of video editing are the same – the removal of unwanted footage, isolation of desired footage and arrangement of that footage in time to create a consistent and continuous final sequence (called the “final cut”).
What sort of guarantee do I get?
• We will try our best to find a suitable package for you or can work within your specific budget.
• All of our key crew members (camera operators, editors, motion graphic designers) are trained and experienced in TV broadcast, web and corporate videos.
• Your video footage will be archived for a minimum of up to 12 months after your video is completed.
• We will arrive on time for your shoot and work with you throughout the production process to ensure you get the best possible result and meat you deadline.
Why is video editing so important?
Skilful editing can make a vital contribution to the impact and shape of your video. The way you interrelate shots not only affects their visual flow but directly influences how your viewer reacts to what they are seeing, i.e. interpretation. Editing is subjective and extremely important part of the production process – poor editing can leave the viewer confused, whereas good editing creates interest, tension and builds up excitement, making it essential in holding the audience’s interest and communicating your message. A good video editor can significantly shape how engaging and effective your video is by commanding an emotional response from your viewer.
I have received a cheaper quote from another company what should I do?
With all of our productions, we like to price things very accurately so that you only pay for what you need (crew, equipment, editing, graphics). We do this so that our prices are very competitive, however if you find a cheaper quote somewhere else then let us know and we’ll try our best to try and match it. A cheaper quote may seem more attractive but there are often compromises on quality to achieve this lower price. You can be assured that Creature Productions do not skimp on quality. We produce high quality videos at an affordable price.
How does the editing stage work?
After pre-production (storyboarding, scripting), production (filming), we can finally move onto the post production stage of your video (editing, grading footage and sound). Editing is a crucial component in producing the final video as it where the story/narrative is shaped. Here is our step by step process:
1. Once filming has finished, footage is logged and transcoded. After it has been imported, we then search through picking the best shots and reducing it down (by cutting, slicing, overlaying and trimming) into a concentrated arrangement of highlight shots. When the initial draft edit has been finished, we then refine the video further by colour grading the footage to really make it pop. In addition to this we can add motion graphics and animation to enhance the video and really focus the viewer’s attention.
2. Then we move onto the audio stage, ensuring everything is sounding great by syncing sound and checking the levels. Dialogue is cleaned up by balancing audio levels and applying equalization. Finally we can add sound effects and music depending on the tone and delivery requirements of the video.
3. If you want a voiceover then that’s no problem, we have a wide selection of voice over artists to choose from in a range of accents and nationalities. We can search our database based on your requirements (gender, age and regional accent) or we can select the voice over artist on your behalf, using our knowledge and experience to ensure you have a voice over artist that is well-matched to communicate your message to your target audience.
4. Next, it’s time to review. Put your feet up and we’ll upload a copy of the full video for you to preview. This allows you to watch it through as many times as you like and take note of anything that you think might need changing. We offer various amounts of inclusive revisions within our video packages to allow you to tweak and get the video exactly how you want it. Once everything is finished we will then confirm with you that you’re happy to sign off the video.
5. Finally you can upload and share with the world! Once you’re pleased with the final edit and everything is all done and dusted, we can deliver the video in just about any format you need. We can provide it in a variety of formats such as DVD, Blue-ray, web streaming (QuickTime h.264, mpeg, flv) or even mobile devices (such as iPod’s, Blackberry’s). Now all you have to do is upload it to the web or take it to an exhibition, presentation or whatever you need it for, and show it off to everyone.